Faculty and staff
This is a residential institution started in August, 1957 as Junior Basic Training College. Under Govt. Order the name has since been changed to Primary Teachers’ Training Institute. It offers a one-year course of which the trainees are competent to undertake teaching work in Primary and Junior Basic Schools. It has an intake capacity of 120 students.